There’s been a lot of buzz about how we’ve just passed the year mark since the start of the pandemic. What’s hard to believe is that a chunk of that time included the first full quarter of this calendar year. With Q1 now fully in the rearview, we thought we’d take a moment to recap the quarter — some of our most significant accomplishments, involvements, and plans as we move forward this year.
Innovative Future with Smart Partners
The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company and the City of Dublin have joined forces with EASE to participate in a Smart Columbus initiative. Together, we are developing a pilot program designed to advance the state of connected mobility. Select EASE vehicles will be equipped with TPMS Plus systems provided by Goodyear. As they travel through the Beta District (an area the includes the city of Dublin), smart technology will monitor the trucks. The anticipated findings will impact the innovation of more advanced technologies in the future. Read More
Always An Honor to be Recognized
The Road Ahead, our company blog, is where we regularly make announcements about any new awards EASE has received. So far in 2021, we have had the privilege of earning four:
- 40 Under 40 – CEO Peter Coratola Jr. was recognized by Columbus Business First Magazine as one of the best and brightest leaders in the city. According to the selection committee, recipients were chosen for being both successful in their careers as well as their communities.
- Inc. 5000 – Inclusion on any of the Inc. Magazine 5000 series lists has become a high distinction for any business. The recognition — based on overall revenue growth over a three-year period — is one EASE has had the honor of receiving four years in a row.
- Ohio Success Awards(2) – Each year, Ohio Business Magazine presents awards to honor the growth of for-profit, nonprofit, and governmental organizations across Ohio. This year, they shifted focus to recognize those who displayed exemplary courage and a strong company response during COVID-19. EASE is proud to have received two awards, Company Response of the Year and Executive Hero of the Year (for Peter Coratola Jr.).
Mad Gaines Podcast
Logistics podcaster Cassandra Gaines finally succeeded in her quest to get EASE CEO Peter Coratola Jr. on her YouTube show, “Mad Gaines Live.” He joined a panel of guests representing various facets of the supply chain to talk about the challenges of Track-and-Trace. One of the main points Coratola made was the importance of providing real value to customers by capturing data to achieve useful visibility. All agreed that the data was how companies like EASE could proactively act to mitigate risk if something goes wrong with a shipment. Watch the episode here.
While EASE has experienced steady growth since its inception, this year has been off the charts. We have recently added nearly 30 new employees in almost every department within EASE – accounting, administrative, business development, client services, drivers, logistics coordinators, and operations.
- Abbi Failla, Director of Strategy and Innovation. We’re happy to have Abbi in this new position to develop strategic partnerships and alliances (including acquisitions and mergers). She will create actionable strategies that promote innovation and find new revenue streams. Congratulations, Abbi!
- Aarin Smith, Corporate Trainer. We are excited to have an in-house, dedicated corporate trainer at EASE. Aarin will onboard and educate new hires on the basics of logistics. He will also ensure that all employees will be supported in continued growth beyond their initial training. Welcome to the team, Aarin!